A routine Library staff meeting this morning was interrupted by messengers from the Awards for Excellence Committee announcing that Assistant to the Dean Stephanie Lowell is Regent University’s March Employee of the Month.
Here are a few of the comments that Stephanie’s colleagues at the Library sent in for her nomination:
- Stephanie is one of those people you can absolutely count on for any number of things. She is organized and on top of just about everything that is happening in the Library. She also has an incredibly creative eye. She can develop materials and resources that look very professional and engaging at a moment’s notice. She is an incredible asset to the Library and helps everyone do their job better.
- Stephanie has, on many occasions, done significant background research about materials and resources we were considering for the Library. She has a history of finding cost-effective ways to continue to provide creative services to our patrons.
- Stephanie is active in her church and has stepped in to help with the Library staff chapels. She records the prayer requests and makes them available on the staff bulletin board.
The librarians and staff all join in congratulating Stephanie and thanking her for everything she does to make the Library a great place to work, research, or just relax.
The 2015 Customer Satisfaction Survey closed on November 17. We received responses from 503 students, 41 faculty, and 27 staff members. The Library faculty will now evaluate the data and comments to determine what our users like about the Library and what they would like to see changed. We will share our findings in the Feedback Express column of the blog.
Drum roll, please…
…And the winners of the survey drawing are as follows:
- $100 Amazon Gift Card: Ms. Renee Hudnall (School of Business & Leadership)
- $50 Amazon Gift Card: Mr. Richard Curtis (School of Divinity)
- $25 Amazon Gift Card: Mr. Kevin Pleasants (School of Divinity)
- $50 Amazon Gift Card: Mr. Lawrence Trotman (College of Arts & Sciences)
- $50 Amazon Gift Card: Dr. Miguel Alvarez (School of Divinity)
The Library sincerely thanks everyone who took the survey.
by Dorothy Hargett, Access Services Librarian
The Library Book Sale has begun! This year is a little different than previous years, as the books will be continuously displayed on two book shelves across from the Circulation desk. The shelves will be replenished with more books as items are sold, so be sure to check out what’s on offer at least once a week.
We have new and old books in all subjects, making the sale a perfect opportunity to build your personal library or buy gifts for all the readers in your life. Hardbacks are only 50¢ and paperbacks 25¢. Cash only. Please bring your own bags or boxes.
Location & Hours
University Library across from Circulation Desk
Monday: Friday 8am – 11:00pm
Saturday: 11am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm – 11:00pm