The Library faculty and staff offer our sincere congratulations to all new graduates of Regent University. We are honored to have played a role in your accomplishment and would like to take this opportunity to remind you that Regent alumni have lifetime borrowing privileges at the Library. In addition, we are able to offer alumni access to thirteen online databases. So no matter where the future takes you, keep us in mind for your information needs.
To check out materials or use databases, please submit the online Alumni Registration Form. Processing may take up to five business days for verification and approval. For more information, please see the Services for Alumni page.
A routine Library staff meeting this morning was interrupted by messengers from the Awards for Excellence Committee announcing that Assistant to the Dean Stephanie Lowell is Regent University’s March Employee of the Month.
Here are a few of the comments that Stephanie’s colleagues at the Library sent in for her nomination:
- Stephanie is one of those people you can absolutely count on for any number of things. She is organized and on top of just about everything that is happening in the Library. She also has an incredibly creative eye. She can develop materials and resources that look very professional and engaging at a moment’s notice. She is an incredible asset to the Library and helps everyone do their job better.
- Stephanie has, on many occasions, done significant background research about materials and resources we were considering for the Library. She has a history of finding cost-effective ways to continue to provide creative services to our patrons.
- Stephanie is active in her church and has stepped in to help with the Library staff chapels. She records the prayer requests and makes them available on the staff bulletin board.
The librarians and staff all join in congratulating Stephanie and thanking her for everything she does to make the Library a great place to work, research, or just relax.
World Politics Review (WPR) provides analysis of critical global trends for academics, policymakers, and businesspeople. Written by leading experts and on-the-ground influencers, WPR articles provide access to authoritative analyses, including non-American and non-Western points of view. New content is added daily, and researchers have the option of searching World Politics Review on the company’s website or on the EBSCOhost platform.
Our trial of World Politics Review goes until March 31, 2016. Click here to take the WPR for a test drive on the company’s website and here to search it on EBSCOhost.
The Library strives to acquire the best possible databases for the research needs of Regent students, staff, and faculty. Your input during trials helps us decide whether or not to subscribe to a new database Please share your opinions on this resources by completing our short evaluation form.
The 2015 Customer Satisfaction Survey closed on November 17. We received responses from 503 students, 41 faculty, and 27 staff members. The Library faculty will now evaluate the data and comments to determine what our users like about the Library and what they would like to see changed. We will share our findings in the Feedback Express column of the blog.
Drum roll, please…
…And the winners of the survey drawing are as follows:
- $100 Amazon Gift Card: Ms. Renee Hudnall (School of Business & Leadership)
- $50 Amazon Gift Card: Mr. Richard Curtis (School of Divinity)
- $25 Amazon Gift Card: Mr. Kevin Pleasants (School of Divinity)
- $50 Amazon Gift Card: Mr. Lawrence Trotman (College of Arts & Sciences)
- $50 Amazon Gift Card: Dr. Miguel Alvarez (School of Divinity)
The Library sincerely thanks everyone who took the survey.
The 2015 Library Customer Satisfaction Survey begins today and will continue through November 17. The survey, which takes only ten minutes to complete online, is the primary instrument we use to improve our services. By taking the survey, you can tell us what you like and what you would like to see changed at the Library.
Amazon Gift Card Prizes
This year, we have separate surveys for students, staff, and faculty. After completing the survey, all participants will have the opportunity to enter a drawing to win an Amazon gift card. One $50 Amazon gift card will be awarded in both the staff and faculty categories, and in the student category, we will award one $100, $50, and $25 gift card for three lucky students. Your chances of winning are quite good with this drawing! More importantly, it is a chance for your voice to be heard. We read every response, and we act on them. Click here to begin the survey.