To celebrate National Library Week, the Library has planned four events:
1. Faculty Recommends poster series (Library Lobby). Come get recommendations for reading from six members of the University leadership and faculty:Sherri Miller (VP, Marketing)
- Dr. Gloria Whittico (School of Law)
- Dr. Gabriel Dy-Liacco (School of Psychology & Counseling)
- Dr. Kathleen Patterson (School of Business & Leadership)
- Dr. Glenn Koonce (School of Education)
- Dr. Diana Xiong (College of Arts & Sciences).
2. New Faculty Books: Ending Wars, Perplexing Pentecostalism, and a Dublin Story-Teller (Library Gallery). Join us on Wednesday, April 17 at 1:00 (immediately following Chapel) for new book talks by three Regent faculty members:
- Dr. Eric Patterson, Ending Wars Well: Order, Justice, and Conciliation in Contemporary Post-Conflict
- Dr. Wolfgang Vondey, Pentecostalism: A Guide for the Perplexed
- Dr. Carrie White, Reading More of Roddy Doyle
A free pizza lunch will be served before the book talks begin. Following Q & A, books will be available for purchase and autographing by the authors.
3. Student Appreciation Day (Reference Area). In appreciation for all our hard-working students studying for exams, on Thursday, April 18 we will serve complimentary coffee, tea and cookies from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4. Book Discussion: Tevye the Dairyman, by Sholem Aleichem (1859-1916). Join the Library Book Club and Rabbi Dr. Israel Zoberman on Friday, April 19 at 1:00 for a discussion of Tevye the Dairyman, perhaps the best-loved work of all Yiddish literature and the basis for the musical Fiddler on the Roof. The discussion will take place in the Library Conference Room, located inside Library Administration.
For more information about National Library Week at Regent, please contact Harold Henkel at email@example.com.