At the Library, we cannot think of a better way to celebrate a marriage than to have a library-themed wedding. For the consideration of our readers, we have compiled here some simple suggestions to ensure that book-loving friends and family don’t skip your wedding!
- Send circulation card invitations. This may confuse the younger guests who have never had the pleasure of filling one out at the circulation desk.”
- Host your wedding dinner in a library. (The rental fee for this place will set you back $50,000.)
- Get married under books precariously balanced overhead. Just make sure you have good insurance for the event!
- Throw pages in lieu of rice. (Actually, we do not promote book destruction. Never mind.)
- Encourage everyone’s inner-Merlin with well-placed book centerpieces.
- It’s okay for the bride or groom to read during the wedding shoot.
- Have a book typed on your cake, or create your cake from your favorite books.
Editor’s note: Melody Diehl is engaged to be married in October 2014.