by Leanne Strum, Ph.D., Associate Dean of the University Library
Is your Department or School currently subscribing to the Chronicle of Higher Education? Regent University Library provides the Regent community with online access to the Chronicle of Higher Education and the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
Both of these publications can be accessed from the Library database page (Regent ID & password required). For even faster access, bookmark the login pages for the Chronicle of Higher Education and the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- Updated reports throughout the day with the latest news from academe.
- All the text from the current issue.
- A searchable archive of back issues going back to September 1989.
- All the commentary and essays from the weekly magazine, The Chronicle Review.
- All data from the annual Almanac and other Chronicle reports.
- Special single-topic reports on admissions, diversity, information technology, and more.
- News, trend analyses, and fundraising strategies from the current issue.
- A searchable archive of back issues published since October 1997.
- All the data from annual surveys on giving, foundations, and executive salaries, including a ranking of charities in the Philanthropy 400.
- The Nonprofit Handbook, listing more than 1,700 of the most useful resources for charity leaders and fund raisers.
In addition, Regent’s subscription to the Chronicle of Philanthropy includes the Guide to Grants, which allows users to:
- Search their valuable database of grant announcements from foundations and corporations.
- Set up an unlimited number of search agents and receive e-mail notifications whenever a grant is posted that meets selected criteria.
For more information about these or any of the Library’s databases, contact the librarians by phone or email.