by Sandra Yaegle, Head of Public Services
The Library has just acquired an important new encyclopedia from Rowman & Littlefield. The Encyclopedia of Christian Education contains over 1,200 entries by 400 contributors from 75 countries. The three-volume work covers a vast range of topics, including:
- History spanning the early Church to the present.
- Denominational and institutional profiles.
- Intellectual traditions in Christian education.
- Biblical and theological frameworks, curricula, missions, adolescent and higher education, theological training, and Christian pedagogy.
- Biographies of distinguished Christian educators.
One noteworthy detail is that over nine of the contributors are affiliated with Regent University, either as current faculty, former faculty, or alumni. This work exemplifies the high level of scholarship produced at Regent.